If you’re a TA looking to expand your knowledge and gain a further understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) this is the ideal course for you.
This Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme provides professional development training for Teaching Assistants at all levels.
If you’re an experienced TA the course will give you the opportunity to reflect on as well as develop your own practice.
For TAs that are volunteering in a school and seeking employment as a teaching assistant the course gives you the chance to gain good knowledge and a further understanding of SEND, which will help your career progression.
Additionally, the programme is also suitable for those who wish to continue onto further study such as a BA Hons or Foundation Degree.
The course takes place at Hawkley Hall High School Training Suite and is designed and delivered by experienced tutors.
Please see the brochure along with the booking form for this course Here.
The course will focus on a range of aspects in the field of SEN and Inclusion and will include:
- Introduction to the role and context of a teaching assistant
- Understanding of current legislation, national strategies and government policies
- An understanding of SEN, additional needs and the necessity to support individual students effectively
- Strategies to support specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, behavioural difficulties and autism etc
- The chance to reflect on your training and experiences. It will enable you to evidence how you have developed inclusive practice in your setting with students, colleagues and community to enable students to contribute to school life.
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of how an increased understanding of SEN and Inclusive Practice can have a practical impact on your day-to-day or long-term practice.
- Through this module you will consider some educational theories and reflect on how this can be used in your practice
Delegates can follow the programme and receive a certificate of attendance, and can use the content to submit for credits at university.
£435 plus vat (a 50% deposit will be invoiced on booking and the remaining 50% is payable on completion of the programme).
Refreshments are provided on all courses.
Face to face sessions
Continued Professional Development
The Training Suite,
Hawkley Hall High School
Sam Lloyd or Suzanne Chamberlain
Tel: 01942 204 640