Designed by OLEVI and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers, the highly effective and motivating Improving Teacher Programme gives teachers, who want to improve their practice, a set of skills and strategies to reach the next teaching level. Endorsed by the National College, the ITP has gained a national reputation for raising standards in teaching and learning
Please click here to access further information and the booking form
THE IMPROVING TEACHER PROGRAMME
- provides improving teachers with in-depth coaching, tailored to a self-assessment of their teaching. It provides opportunities to deepen their understanding of high-quality classroom practice and teaching and learning. Participants improve their teaching through facilitated practice, observation of colleagues and working with ‘live’ students
- supports a wider range of teaching activities, including: planning lessons, starter activities, plenary sessions, questioning techniques, engaging in learning, challenging learning, assessment and differentiation strategies
- supports the aims and implementation of school improvement plans and other national agendas
- forms part of the professional development provision or entitlement for staff development within the school’s improvement plan
- builds confidence of staff to become used to class observations and adopt a positive “can do” attitude
To enable teachers to:
- Provide their pupils with the best possible learning experience
- Improve standards in their classrooms and schools
- Increase their job satisfaction and quality of experience
- Work more effectively as active members of their school team
This programme is open to all teachers who want to improve their teaching practice and want to learn how to teach and facilitate consistently good lessons matching theory with application.
The programme consists of 3 x 1/2 day and 2 full day facilitated sessions over a six week period. The work of these teachers is supported by a coach at each school who is invited to attend the first and final session and supports the teachers’ progress through the programme in their schools. This is an important coaching role that is pivotal to the success of the delegates.
Cost per delegate = £575.00 (a 50% deposit will be invoiced on booking and the remaining 50% is payable on completion of the programme).
OLEVI: THE IMPROVING TEACHER PROGRAMME (ITP)
Teaching & Learning | Primary & Secondary | Hawkley Hall High School
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01942 204 640 F: 01942 403 750